Tuesday 2 September 2014

Hajj Reflection #29: The act of true appreciation.

As year by year goes by, I suddenly remember how it was: the anticipation, the hopes, the promises, the faith... When everything had seemed impossible, He showed His grace and power. He opened closed doors and let us sail through.

Who would have thought anyone would be permitted to go on pilgrimage, after even the Agong had left, normally on the last flight? Who would have imagined Saudi would allow another flight of pilgrims to come in, when all the gates had clearly been closed? It was all beyond the human law but Allah permitted it, so be it!

I am humbled to be among those He gave mercy to, and to be closer to Him. Alhamdulillah... Praises to the Almighty.

Yet, I ponder, to what extent have I shown my appreciation to Him? Have I grabbed the second chance (umpteenth really..) given to me?

Let the ibadah of hajj absorb into every cell in our bodies, so that we become better servants to Him.

No comments: