Tuesday 2 September 2014

Hajj Reflection #31: Blessings of Dzulhijjah

It's Dzulhijjah, masyaAllah!

This time a year ago, my heart was aching for His mercy. I cried the talbiah, day and night; a cry from within the heart. The talbiah wasn't just a chant, neither was it a ritual. It was a call that seeped through every cell in the body, a proclamation that I was indeed making my way towards Him.

لَبَّيْكَ اللَّهُمَّ لَبَّيْكَ، لَبَّيْكَ لاَ شَرِيْكَ لَكَ لَبَّيْكَ

إِنَّ الْحَمْدَ وَالنِّعْمَةَ لَكَ وَالْمُلْكَ لاَ شَرِيْكَ لَكَ

"Here I come, O Allah, here I come, there is no partner unto You. Here I come. Definitely praise and glory is yours (for You). The Kingdom is also Yours. There is no partner for You."

Say it like you mean it.

On 1st Dzulhijjah last year, the possibility of me performing my hajj that year had seemed bleak and bleary. Yet, with His grace and through magnificent friends and family, I never lost faith in Him.

The power of the talbiah?

We left KL on the 7th of Dzulhijjah, reached Saudi on the 8th and Alhamdulillah made our way towards Arafah on the night of 9th. It was Haji Ifrad for us, masyaAllah...

So, which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny?

2 comments:

mamarossi said...

Allahuakbar... Being the chosen one to perform hajj among us millions in lists is a huge blessing enough.Alhamdulillah.

mamarossi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.