Tuesday 2 September 2014

Hajj Reflection #27: Download the Quran

Almost everyone owns a smartphone or electronic gadget today.  It is therefore vital to download the Quran into your gadget. A close friend (practically a sister) had reminded me to download the Quran before I left and I am thankful for this valuable tip. In fact, I downloaded a few versions to be on the safe side.

Even though I had the electronic version, it didn't stop me from bringing the hardcopy of the translations, a Pickthall. The one I was using at home was a Tajweed/colour coded translation by Dar-Al-Maarifah, slightly bigger in size ergo not entirely practical for travelling. The need for a hardcopy is essential simply because it will never run out of power.

The plan was to purchase a Quran in Makkah for me to read in ease in the mosque as well as at the hotel. I did just that on Day 3. The electronic version, however, served well during two main occasions. Firstly, during in-betweens when I didn't have my Quran with me and secondly, during tazkirah sessions as a point of referral when being quoted. Upon going through these verses from selected surahs, I would bookmark it and come back to it later, as a form of revision. And as long as I have my mobile phone with me any time today, I can still do that!

No more games, no more excuses. Let the Quran help us lead our lives as better Muslims♥

Having said all these, just double check that the version you are downloading is genuine.

No comments: