Thursday 6 December 2012

Hajj Reflection #5: Wukuf in Arafah



Arafah, being the essence of Hajj, signifies the Day of Resurrection. Imagine a day where the Creator is so proud of His slaves and a day the Satan feels so belittled. I tried to make the most of it by making maximum amount of supplication and sincere taubah, seeking for His forgiveness and mercy.

After Asr, with a friend, I had taken a spot close to a tree, near some fences and an open gate. The chairs under the tree were all occupied. Contented with standing, I started my conversation with Him. I had written my supplications or du'as down, and I had a few lists of du'as from my children, sisters, nieces and nephews. I had marked several excellent supplications in a book, and I read (and cried) my heart out. In actual fact, the surrounding was not entirely conducive - with men smoking by the side, people shouting and some engrossed in conversation. Yet, I was able to shut the noise out and indulge in a world of my own, Alhamdulillah.

I could have stayed there another hour and a half, making du'a in repentance. Never had I felt that close to Him. Perhaps it was being in the open air. Or maybe because I had read and dreamt so much about being there on such an auspicious day. There was just so much to ask from Him: His mercy, His blessings, His guidance, rezq, taufeek & hidayah. For me, for my family, for my friends, for my forebears and for the entire ummah.

Embrace Arafah as it is a lifetime opportunity. May Allah accept our ibadah and grant our du'as

No comments: