Tuesday 18 December 2012

Hajj Reflection #15: The menses


Women's best friend, the menses. Apparently, this gift that Allah bestows onto women is often not appreciated when in the holy lands, none other than the reason that it limits our ibadah. It is, as a point of fact, Allah's test on our imaan; our acceptance of the condition (redha), our patience and our determination in pursuing ibadah in other forms.


During menses, I found a spot outside the mosque at the saie area, overlooking the ka'aba. If I cannot get 60 blessings upon circumambulation of the ka'aba, or 40 for solah in Masjidil Haram, then I should grab the chance to gain at least 20 by looking at the holy ka'aba, shouldn't I? Hence, there I recited the salawats, read the Ma'thurat, Asma'ul husna, istighfars, zikr and my personal du'as. There is certainly no barrier between the Creator and the servant at all!

Initially I had prayed for delayed menses but instead got an earlier and shorter one which enabled me to perform another tawaf sunat (and kiss the hajarul aswad, Alhamdulillah), tawaf wada' and also to enter Masjid An Nabawi which then led me to Raudah.

Grateful? Blessed? Beyond words. Indeed, which of the favours of your Lord will you deny?

No comments: