Sunday 9 December 2012

Hajj Reflection #7: The vacation



Hajj is an ibadah vacation - you do not have to cook, clean, drive or worry about family and work. Sleep has to be sacrificed and reprogrammed, as reminded by my dad. Alhamdulillah, I had no problems with the food served or the distance between hotel and mosque.

Allah willed me the health and strength to carry out my main objectives: hajj, umrah, solat sunat, quran reading, sadaqah and i'tikaf at the holy mosques. I aimed to do as much as possible, as best I could. He also opened doors for other forms of ibadah which weren't so obvious such as helping the elderly.

This particular doa helped.

 
And say: O my Lord, let my entry be by the Gate of Truth and Honour, and likewise my exit by the Gate of Truth and Honour: and grant me from Thy Presence an authority to aid (me).
(Al-Isra': 80)

Carpe diem, sieze the day! Hajj does not come by every day and I reminded myself repeatedly that in the holy lands, everything else was secondary.

May Allah accept our ibadah and make us better Muslims.

No comments: