Monday 3 December 2012

Hajj Reflection #2: Ikhlas

When you sincerely help others without hoping for anything in return and without any complaints, Allah will reward you accordingly.

Contrary to the opinion that there is NO specific supplication to be read while performing your tawaf or saie, the supplications I read when performing my tawaf and saie, were all obtained from the book sold in bookstores.  I find that not only are they very specific and cover a variety of points, but they are simply excellent compilations that also include verses from the Quran.  This was a supplication I recited upon climbing Safa and Marwah.  Please note the last part:





Indeed, as-Safa and al-Marwah are among the symbols of Allah. So whoever makes Hajj to the House or performs 'umrah - there is no blame upon him for walking between them. And whoever volunteers good - then indeed, Allah is appreciative and Knowing.
(Al-Baqarah: 158)

Alhamdulillah, I have been blessed with good news and more good news since coming home, especially today - causing me to wonder: what did I pray for in the holy lands...?

No comments: